Facebook Employment - The Fugly Truth
Facebook employment might sound good and dandy until you start working there.
Personally, I want to say that I don’t work at Facebook. But these are the things that I researched from people there and some articles online, So I just want to put everything in perspective for you.
Even though Facebook is regarded as one of the top places to work in the world, it does has it caveats.
1. “For six weeks out of the year, I’m on 24/7 on-call duty.” - If you’re an engineer at Facebook, you will probably be on call 24/7. With billions of people using the service there is bound to be server problems.
2. “The wall does not exist at Facebook” – People at Facebook are encouraged to be themselves. So no poker face in the elevator or even in your cubicle. Take your shoes off and relax!
3. “There is no truly functional infrastructure” - The company is growing so fast that some group leaders rather manage a group of 500 and not 5,000. So if you like structure, this isnt the place for you.
Facebook Employment – Complaints
4. ”Don’t complain to me about Facebook just because I work at Facebook.”
If you work at Facebook get ready to get a backlash from your friends and family. Someone hacked their website, they will complain to you. Someone posted an obscene picture, get ready to hear about it.
By now you are getting the idea about getting a Facebook employment, but I’ll go on…
5. ”The complete lack of focus on my team.”
On the last day of an intern’s employment, the team decided that his work was not worth pursuing. Talk about a demoralizing way out. If you havent figure it out Facebook is always working on new projects every single day. But most of them wont see the light of day.
Facebook Employment – Let’s face it, you wont make millions
6. ”You won’t be making millions or building a new exciting company of your own.”
Just because you have a Facebook employment, aka, job. Doesn’t mean you’re gonna be a millionaire. It’s just a 9-5 job. Better get off your butt and start pursuing another Internet dream. Because you’re working to fulfill Mark Zuckerberg’s and board of directors dreams’.
7. ”I was asked to complete really inappropriate tasks.” - One worker said to have cleaned his boss’s dirty laundry and his wife’s underwear, said an anonymous worker.
8. ”Instructions were not clear, everything was a guessing game, and I was immediately set up to fail.”
If you dont have any leadership skills it will be hard for you to perform if you have a Facebook employment. Instructions are not given clearly and most of the time you wont get any feedback. An employee said after quitting his job.
Get a mentor and clear instructions on how to make money online in your first 7 days.
9. “Zuck and Sheryl imposing a ‘holier than thou’ attitude.”
The CEO, Mark Zuckerberg and the COO Sheryl Sandberg spent most of their time doing extra curricular activities while the employees work their asses off 24/7.
10. ”The tone of voice people used was belittling and self-righteous.”
It might be a laid-back, chill company but it’s still a business. The boss will make you belittled and most of the time use an unpleasant tone of voice.
If you’re sick and tired of working for someone else but still want to work on the internet, check out this online company, barely two years old and paying millions of dollars to it’s affiliates.